Monday, June 2, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cancer Checkup...

You know, I was really feeling that my twice-yearly cancer checkups had gotten boring. They needed a little spice. A little pizazz. Because five years in, I just don't find them as anxiety-inducing as I used to.

So today I "decided" to not hit the little door lock button on the bathroom door located right out in the lobby of the cancer center and in plain view of anyone coming through the door just to see what would happen. And of course someone walked in on me while I was on the toilet! Ha ha! Boy, must she feel embarrassed. But at least I made her trip to the radiation oncologist, and mine, and everyone's in the waiting area, more memorable.

(We're all getting the sarcasm, right? I need not explain that this wasn't really a master plan but instead a pretty massively dumb and humiliating oversight on my part, right? Good. Carry on. Eventually my blush will fade.)

1 comment:

Shan said...

OMG...this is too funny.

I hope everything went okay! I didn't get a chance to wish you luck today...