Friday, March 26, 2010

Out Of The Mouth of Ains: The P.E. Award

Friday was 3rd quarter awards day at the kid's elementary school, and she brought home her first actual honor (other than honor roll, which pretty much every kid in her class is on). It's an award I never, ever got in all my years of schooling:



A certificate of excellence in physical education.

"Are you sure she's yours?" a friend of mine asked. Ha.

I was so proud of her, and she was proud of herself. She loves gym, and has a really good teacher who makes the kids use their brains as well as their bodies in her activities. She taught them the "Thriller" dance during one class this year, for goodness sakes; if only my elementary P.E. teacher had been so cool.

Though more coordinated than I am, for sure, I've never really seen Ainsley as gifted athletically. It was a pleasant surprise for her to get that award, and I asked her if she knew why she got it or if the teacher said anything about her when she gave her the award.

Ains thought for a minute.

"I think I got it because of my positive attitude."

Well, there you go.

No comments: