Saturday, September 1, 2007

Here's A Thought...

If you're sick, stay the frick out of swimming pools.

Silverlake is closing its pool this weekend because someone with a confirmed case of the very nasty intestinal infection Cryptosporidiosis swam there last weekend. Guess who else swam there last weekend? My entire family! And guess who had swim lessons there Thursday night? Ainsley! Hooray! I am counting the days until we start throwing up violently.

Of course, we may be lucky and escape it, but it's a highly contagious bug. All it takes is for you to accidentally swallow infected pool water. I am pretty sure I didn't, but I can just about promise you Ainsley did. And if she gets it, as primary poop-cleaner-upper, I will probably get it, too. Grrrr.

As nasty as this thing is, why in God's green earth would anyone with this illness in any of its stages get in a pool? How do people not know that you don't let your kid swim when they have diarrhea? Or have had it recently? Chances are, that infected person got it from another infected swimming pool, and that parent is probably ticked that that happened, but still thought it would be OK to bring Junior ro Silverlake to get a break from the heat. Grrrrr.

I've said it before, and will say it again: I love people!

1 comment:

Shan said...

OMG...this is horrible. Can you imagine how many people are probably having this same freak out right now? Bunches, I'm sure. And now, because of some idiot, people can't swim during the last official "swim weekend" of summer.

Jerks.