Friday, May 8, 2009

Out of the Pencil of Ains: Mother's Day Edition

Yesterday Ainsley proudly brought home the Mother's Day gifts her class had made this week. I now have a new paperweight consisting of a Yankee Candle candle-jar top with a wad of modelling clay in the bottom, holding a spray of felt and bead flowers.

I love my paperweight, but I love the note that came with it more.

It was typed onto a little yellow slip of paper, and I am guessing the kids wrote it down and gave it to the teacher who neatly typed and edited the kids' writing. I bet it's the highlight of her year.

Ainsley's "card' went like this:

My Mother

My mother is sweet and kind. She gives me things I like. Sometimes she even gives me candy. She's the best mother I ever had.

Take that, Ainsley's other mothers! I'm the best! Woo-hoo!

And stop laughing--sometimes I am sweet and kind.

2 comments:

Robert K. said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're also the WORST mother she's ever had. ;)

Karen said...

Nice, Rob... ;-P

Cranky's the best mom EVER! :)