Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Last Laugh

Remember a couple of months ago when I shared my angst (what else do I share, really?) about Jason buying our first foreign car, that 2010 Prius that we've both come to love?

And remember how what most concerned me was worrying over what my dad, that retired GM worker and staunch "Buy American" advocate, would think if he were still alive?

The past few days, I've been hearing things. Especially at night, when the house is quiet. Noises that sound almost like ghostly laughter, the kind of sounds someone would make while saying, "I told you so," or "Well, that's what you get."

Yep, we have one of the many cars Toyota is recalling. (As Jason said to a co-worker the first day the Prius recall was official, "It's only the brakes. I'll just try not to use them on the way home.") And I'm pretty sure the familiar chuckle I hear is because Dad's last laugh is on us.

No comments: