Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Sad State of (Basketball) Affairs

Darling hubby is heading to Lexington with our U-of-L-fan friends to watch the first round of NCAA tournament games being held at Rupp Arena. This isn't surprising seeing as how he lives and breathes college basketball every March. But here's the thing--this "born blue" UK fan is actually planning on cheering for Rick Pitinto's Lousiville Cardinals. At a game taking place in Rupp. (Hey, Satan, is it just me or is it kinda drafty down here today?)

I am not nearly as excited about basketball this March as I usually am. I guess I feel so glum because our Wildcats have been so not-fun to watch. My bracket has them going out in the first round. It killed me to do it, but I have to be honest with myself. The Cards will, in all likelihood, advance to at least the second round while we Wildcat fans watch from the sidelines. I don't want to be a fair weather fan, but my UK pride won't let me enjoy games where they're playing badly and don't even look like they're trying. I try to watch their games, but they often become too painful. I wish I knew how to quit them.

Maybe Jason is on to something by "adopting" U of L this year...

No comments: