Saturday, October 6, 2007

What Now? Seriously.

My eyelashes are falling out.

Oh, don't worry, I still have enough. And I still have oodles more than I had when I finished chemo and had, like, three. But I've lost enough from my left eyelid to be a tad worried.

I've thought for a week or so that my left eye seemed to be a little sparse in spots in the eyelash area. As I've applied mascara the last few days, it's almost seemed as though I have a gap there; a little spot where eyelashes used to be but aren't now. I didn't think too much of it until I was in the tub last night, trying to relax from a stressful week at work, and rubbed my eyes. When I pulled my hands away, my left fingers were covered with a dozen or more eyelashes. None on the right. What the frick?

I called Jason in and told him about it, and he had what I think is a possible solution: the infection I had last week from my unsanitary eyebrow-plucking habits. It is the same eye. And though I didn't think the redness and swelling extended down to my lower eyelid, maybe the germ made it down to my lashline and infected some hair follicles.

I hope it's as simple as that. And I hope I don't lose any more. Right now it's only noticeable to me. I'd like to keep it that way.

No comments: