Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jon Hamm + Buttercream Frosting = A Perfect Day

At the risk of jinxing it, let me just say that today is a good day.

It's cold, but the sun is shining. My assistant made me these treats that are chocolate cake on the bottom, marshmallow, peanut butter, Rice Crispies, and chocolate on the top (I stopped making these for myself even though she gave me the recipe because I have a tendency to eat the whole pan). The coffee I made this morning tastes awesome even though I made it from three different kinds of coffee, each of which had too small an amount in the bag to use on its own. And best of all, we have tomorrow off from school for a PD day and I already have all my hours in. So tonight I can sit back with a mochatini and watch 30 Rock and drool over guest star Jon Hamm and not worry about morning.

Ladies, you know who Jon Hamm is, right? I didn't really know who he was until he hosted SNL and I caught a few minutes of him there and thought, "I don't get this sketch about Mad Men but that guy is awfully cute." After reading countless articles about his work in the critically-acclaimed but too-little-seen drama Mad Men, I decided a few weeks ago that I need to see what all the fuss is about. I rented the first 3 episodes of the show, and it was love at first sight. Sure, the character Hamm plays is a chain-smoking borderline-alcoholic womanizing sexist mess of a man, but in a very adorable sort of way.

So with 30 Rock being my favoritest TV comedy and all, I literally squealed with delight when I learned that the very yummy Hamm would have a story arc as Liz's new love interest. And his character's first line in last week's episode has to be one of the best introductions a girl like me could hope for...

"I'm sorry I smell like frosting. I love to bake."

Squeeeee!

And as Liz says after that introduction...I want to go to there.

Here's what I will be doing at 9:30 tonight, the night I turn 35. I will be sitting under my Snuggie with a wedge of chocolate birthday cake with buttercream frosting watching Jon Hamm. It's the best way I can think of to celebrate my first day of middle age.

Anybody out there watch Mad Men? And share my new crush on Jon Hamm? And just because it's my birthday, humor me and go watch the above mentioned scene here and holler back with your thoughts on the awesomeness that is both 30 Rock and Jon Hamm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never watched 30 Rock. Yes, I admitted it. I know people who do, and they love it. But I watched the clip, and I do agree - Jon Hamm is pretty darn hot.