Monday, February 25, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Ains: The Classic Conundrum

Yesterday Ains went to her "true love" Teddy's birthday party. As soon as I dropped her off, Teddy wrapped his little arms around her and gave her the most sincere hug a 6-year-old boy can give a 5-year-old girl. Awwww.

Tonight she grew pensive in the bathtub (you ever notice how many of these I write after something profound she says in the confines of the bathroom?).

"Teddy says that I'm his best friend, and Noelle is his best friend, but he's going to marry Morgan. But he hugged me at his birthday party. I don't understand. I love him. Why would he hug me but want to marry Morgan?"

Why, indeed?

If you can ever figure out why a boy does anything when it comes to matters of the heart, well, then, you'd truly have the answer to one of life's little riddles, kiddo.

And probably save yourself a broken heart.

2 comments:

Shan said...

This is so cute...and so true. Why would Teddy hug Ains if he wasn't going to marry her? Sound slike Teddy is a bit of a "playa" :-)

Robert K. said...

Hate tha game, not tha playa. ;)