Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Second Librarian

Ainsley wants to be a librarian when she grows up. Yeah, I know. The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

When I was her age I wanted to be a brain surgeon or an astronaut, so I know this career choice might not last too long. But she is taking her job training very seriously. She has made several signs posting her rules and has set up a little area of my library as her own, complete with a clipboard and metal bookends, which she doesn't really know what to do with, but knows they're somehow very important.

Her latest sign says this: (and the spelling is all hers)

Hand your Book to The seecond librarean Ainsley!

And then under that in very, very small letters:

mrs. cranky is the first librarean

And she closes with a few lines of a song she's learning for Christmas mass, just to make sure her patrons know she's devout:

Prepar a way for the Lord!
Prepar a way for the Lord!

I haven't the heart to tell her that posting that in her library would be violating the separation of church and state...

No comments: