Friday, December 12, 2008

Welcome to the Rock!

My dear friend and fellow blood-cancer survivor (and blog reader) MelMart and I are big fans of purple shirts and survivor-ware. Purple is the survivorship color, and she and I are both drawn to items with that theme and that color.

So she naturally was touched when one of her students created a shirt for her. It was a lovely purple tee with a logo and slogan created from vinyl craft letters.

MelMart came into the library yesterday and held up the shirt with great glee. It says:

SURVIVOR'S
ROCK!

"It's close to Plymouth Rock, in case you were wondering," she said.

Ahh, the pluralizing with an apostrophe is still alive and well.

MelMart was talking about trying to peel the apostrophe off, but the more I think about, the more I think it should stay. It truly does sound like a glamorous destination.

Come visit scenic Survivor's Rock! Take in the sights and smells of Chemo Springs and bask in the rays at Radiation Beach. And for the extreme sports enthusiast, there's always Surgery Mountain!

Survivor's Rock...a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. Though I hear it beats the alternative.

No comments: