Friday, July 6, 2007

Look Out, Disney World, Here We Come!

This will be Cranky's last blog for a while. Tomorrow morning we leave for the Sunshine State to visit a big mouse and some princesses. I am tempted to tote the laptop and hope we have wireless access in our resort, but even librarians need a break from the internets sometimes.

(BTW, Ainsley is watching The Wizard of Oz as I write this; she spent the night with Mamaw last night and didn't get to finish the movie over there. We're to the part where Dorothy and Co. meet the wizard for the first time and I still find that long walk down the emerald hallway a little frightening.)

We pick up our rented SUV tonight and head out first thing in the morning. The gas cost is going to hurt, but neither of our cars is particularly suited for a long car trip for someone as tall as Jason, so we broke down and rented an SUV. We also bought a portable DVD player and a Leap Pad for Ains, and transferred a bunch of her favorite songs onto an old MP3 player we have. So the little beast should be set for, oh, 2 or 3 hours before she starts asking, "Are we there yet?"

We stop in Atlanta tomorrow night to visit a very dear friend and her family and get a good night's sleep before the final leg of the journey. From there it's 6 days right there at Disney a mere boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom.

Wish us luck, readers. We've never taken Ainsley on a car trip longer than an hour and a half away, so we have no idea what we're in for.

And take care of yourselves. I will take copious notes for a nice, newsy blog when I get back. For those of you who read my entry about our day at the zoo, you know that strange things have a habit of happening to me so I expect the unexpected.

If you really need something to read between now and July 16, chat with each other below. Choose from these fun Disney-related topics:

1. If you could sleep with any cartoon character, who would it be? (My choice: Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. Soooo dreamy. And so not real.)

2. What was the best Disney animated movie? I'm talking old-school animation, not the Pixar stuff. (Personally, I'm for The Lion King.)

3. What's the best Disney ballad? Don't be embarrassed; you know you sing along with them in all their cheesy glory. (My vote goes to A Whole New World.)

4. Which Disney princess do you most identify with and why? (As a librarian and bookish brunette, I think the obvious one for me is Belle. Even if she is much prissier than I am.)

5. Who is the scariest Disney villain? (Cruella DeVil wigged me out as a kid, but Snow White's witch ran a close second.)

6. And, finally, if I think Disney is such an evil, greedy empire, how do they still end up taking so much of my money?

Gotta go. The witch is melting, which means Ainsley is due for a final nap in her own bed. See ya on the flip side!

No comments: