Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sa-lute!

I want to pause for a moment to publicly thank some people who made the drive down to Disney World fun. I saw their comments today on my last post, and it reminded me to give them some props.



My college roomie and her husband are two of the kindest people in the world. She drove all the way up here 5 years ago to attend one of my baby showers, and then she and her husband came back a year later while I was undergoing cancer treatment. Every time I've ever needed encouragement, from the time Jason and I broke up for 2 days in college (at 19, that was the biggest heartbreak of my life) to my illness, she was there.



We hadn't seen them since their last visit 4 years ago because Ainsley used to be such a terrible traveller, and it was so good to see them again. We had never met their beautiful daughter, and I've always regretted that I didn't try to get down there to see her sooner. They treated us to a good dinner and awesome smoothies (do pass along your formula!) and, as always, good conversation well into the night. And I can't forget the Good Eats pancakes...though I wish I could, because my little Martha White specials from the package just ain't gonna cut it around here anymore.



It was great seeing them, but I've been sad because it just brought back so many memories and I've been missing them ever since. Some of our best friends live too far away for us to see them as often as we want (I'm thinking of you, too, Rosses!) I resolve to not let another 4 years go by without seeing them (and they're only a couple of hours into Georgia, and given our recent driving woes in that state, that's a huge plus.)



So, to our friends in Atlanta: Thank you so much for the southern hospitality. We miss you (and Ainsley misses her play buddy).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're more than welcome. We're lucky to have you as friends!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...you're too sweet. :) The pleasure was all ours!