Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh, No, She Didn't!

Can you believe that my daughter actually said to me today, "But you're not the boss of this house!"?

How has she lived with us for 4 years and not know that the mama is, indeed, the boss of the house and all who dwell within?

And where does she get off talking to me like that?

This is alarming. I thought I had another decade before smart-mouting and diva-like behavior. Whodathunk I'd be dealing with such attitude on the eve of her fifth birthday?

It starts. And I'm not ready. Help me out: is it just a stage, or a sign of a loooong road ahead?

1 comment:

Shan said...

I don't have kids, so I can't really help you out. I can tell you that my mom works with kindergarten kids and I hear a lot of what she tells me...and it isn't always pretty. Buckle down, it could be a long road (or she could have just been a smart ass)

See you soon!