Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back Off, June

He tried to keep it a secret. He promised it was no more than a flirtation and that it meant nothing. But the cat's out of the bag now, and I have to face the truth and brace myself against the competition for my man's affections.

My husband got hit on by a cast member at Disney World.

Well, not really hit on. More like, flirted with in a child-like and innocent matter. But still.

It happened at our character lunch at Hollywood and Vine at MGM Studios. He "forgot" all about it until we had friends over this weekend and shared the story. Forgot. Yeah, right. I think he was covering his little character tryst.

This particular character lunch featured Ainsley's favorite Playhouse Disney pals, Leo and June from The Little Einsteins. June in particular holds a special spot in Ains's affections; she's a pretty little character who loves to dance and leaps gracefully about in her ballet shoes in every episode. Ainsley was thrilled to see June, and to make sure the kid didn't miss her, I grabbed Ains for a potty break right after we arrived and while June was still on the other side of the restaurant.

Apparently I shouldn't have left my husband unattended around such riff-raff. While we were gone, June slid past my husband on her way to some other tables and brushed her hand along his shoulder as she passed. Jason thought nothing of it until our waitress called out, "Now, June, let's not flirt." At that, June raised her big old character hand up to her big old character mouth and made a cute little "Who, me?" expression.

Hussy.

Jason said it cracked him up, but I guess he didn't feel it was amusing enough to share when we got back to the table. This weekend's revelation was the first I've heard of it. I think he knew I would be jealous of June in her sexy little purple dress and super-sized head. After all, I know my husband likes his brown-eyed brunettes (and this particular specimen was all eyes and hair). He probably has her phone number somewhere.

I am shocked that a preschool role model would display such behavior. I expected something like that from Ariel or Jasmine, but from June? For shame.

If push came to shove, I am pretty sure I could take her. With that big, bobbly head of hers, I'm sure she has a high center of gravity and one good knock would be all it would take.

Bring it on, June. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Oh, this is hilarious--more hilarious that he didn't tell you! Some big headed, glove wearing, pre-school character hit on your husband-and he kept it a secret because...? Embarrassment?

I will see you soon...we'll chat some more.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I am sure with that big-bobbled head, she has a big-bobbled mouth that would be PERFECT for some good old cruchin', lip-smackin', slurpin' meals...he would come running back to you in no time....and for the record, you could take her!