Friday, July 6, 2007

Pre-Vacation SUV Update

OK, so we picked up our rental, and it's HUGE. I mean, I know SUVs are big. I've always driven smaller cars, and my mom's Buick LeSabre feels like I'm driving a semi when I borrow it. But this really is a small tank.

It's a Jeep something or other, and it's as high and boxy as a Hummer and seats 8. 8! And there will just be three of us. We wanted some room to stretch out, but good lord. There are smaller SUVs that would have been fine. We're not taking our starting 5 or anything.

Darling hubby reminds me he just went for the cheapest price on Travelocity, and there wasn't a "small SUV" category, and tells me in his own way that I should shut up and deal with it. But I seriously don't think I can drive the damn thing. I'll be a danger to myself and others.

Ever seen that episode of The Simpsons with the "Canyonero"? The jingle includes the classic line, "Smells like a steak and seats 35! Canyoner-o...." That's it. That's what we're driving to Disney. A "squirrel-squashing, deer-smacking driving machine...Canyoner--oooo!"

I can't wait to see what other oversized adventures await us. If we can fit our urban assault vehicle into a parking spot.

1 comment:

Shan said...

While you were on vacation, I tagged you! Check out my blog entry "I've Been Tagged" for the rules of the game.

Hope Disney was amazing!