Thursday, March 6, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Ains, Smart-Ass Fashionista Edition

Because I was under the influence of muscle relaxers yesterday, I had Ainsley stay a couple of hours at her school's after-care program until I was "sober" enough to drive. As usual after a couple of hours of running around, her cheeks were bright red when I picked her up and she was complaining about being hot.

"If you were hot, why didn't you take your sweater off?"

"Because I like the way I look in it."

She's already sacrificing comfort for beauty at age 5.



She showed her smarty-pants side a few hours later at bedtime. She was a little rowdy last night as we went through the night-time routine, frequently dancing and singing and hollering as she got her bath, got PJs on, and got under the covers.

When she started giggling after her bedtime prayer, I said in my sternest Mommy voice, "That's it. It's bedtime. I don't want to hear another peep out of you."

I crossed her room to turn off the aquarium light, and as I was almost to her door, I heard her say, very quietly,

"Peep."

Smartass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, they grow up so fast! A kid after my own heart!!!!!! I would not have expected anything less...she is her mother's child! :-P