Monday, September 8, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Ains: GUSPP edition

Friday night as I was helping Ains finish up her shower I told her that after I dried her off I wanted her to "go bathroom."

She looked at me funny. "Go bathroom?" she asked.

Uhhh, what part of this didn't she understand? I left out the "to" and the "the" to make it a command. I verbed it, if you will. "Yeah, go bathroom. Like, go potty."

She became all prissy. "You really shouldn't say it like that, 'cause I heard it like," and here she put one fist on her hip and pumped one fist in the air, cheerleader-style, "go, bathroom! Go, bathroom!"

Smartass.

I guess this means it's official: she's a member of GUSPP. You know, the Grammar, Usage, Spelling, and Punctuation Police. I myself (depite typos on the blog) belong; my GUSPP card is in my wallet right next to my Shoe Carnival Frequent Sucker Club card and my Kentucky Democratic Party card (motto: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 2000! Oh, I kid because I love.)

Or maybe in her case it's Grammar, Usage, Spelling, and Punctuation Princess.

No comments: