Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Love You, Mindy Doo!

Even though I've been watching this season's American Idol, I hadn't yet been compelled to pick up the phone and vote. My favorite from the get-go has been Melinda Doolittle, with her flawless intonation and interpretation, but I never felt worried enough about her departure to ring her up some votes (that, and the fact that I try to get in bed early on Tuesday nights so I can stay up for Lost the next day.) Last night, though, she wowed me even more than usual and I had to give her some telephonic love.

And now I'm worried. I had a much easier time getting through for Miss Doolittle than I ever have for voting for an AI contestant. That may mean that not too many other people were voting for her and clogging up her lines.

Seriously, America. How do you not see that she is probably the most gifted vocalist to ever grace that stage? I really don't think the girl hit a wrong note the entire season. And no one "gets" the songs like she does.

I know Jordin is probably the most marketable, and Blake is very hip and innovative. But after watching Melinda put the smackdown on a Tina Turner song, I realized I so want to buy a Mindy Doo CD.

After placing about a dozen calls on her behalf, I told Jason that if Melinda Doolittle gets eliminated tonight, I will never ever watch another episode of American Idol again. Not that that matters; little old me not watching isn't exactly going to kill the rating of America's favorite show. But if other MD fans ban with me...

If you love Mindy Doo like I do, stand by me. And let's hope it's not necessary: maybe America will vote right and put Miss D. in the finals. One can only hope (and dial the digits.)

No comments: