Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I didn't have a terrific mother's day. I got sunburned trying to get our mulching done, I had to fight with my pharmacy for the umpteenth time trying to get my flexible spending account card to work right with them, and we had to juggle cars so we could drop Jason's off at the shop for what could end up being expensive repairs.

But this morning as I was throwing together my lunch and getting Ainsley some juice, I saw the card she made for me in preschool. On the front is a picture she drew of the two of us; we kind of look like big spiders because she attached our arms and legs right to our heads. We look very happy, and Ainsley told me that she's smiling in the picture because we're at the park and she loves it when I take her to the park.

In a few days, my sunburn will fade, everything will be straightened out one way or the other with the pharmacy, and Jason's car will be working again. All the things that, in my mind, "ruined" mother's day will be forgotten. But that little card...that, I will keep forever.

No comments: