Thursday, May 17, 2007

Urgent American Idol Update

Well, I was right. Farewell, Melinda Doolittle. You were a class act, and one of the best reality talent show contestants ever. I am sure your future holds great things; someone will be smart enough to throw you a record deal or a stint on Broadway.

Good luck, Jordin and Blake. As promised, I am through with AI. I'm tired of falling for a finalist (Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson) only to see them not make it to the finals. Heck, I'm still pining for faded 1st-runner-up Bo Bice. I guess what I am looking for in a recording artist isn't what the rest of American wants. And I am accepting enough to deal with it. But I am also accepting of the fact that my days as an American Idol junkie are over. Goodbye, AI. It was fun (sometimes) while it lasted.

4 comments:

H.K. said...

Perk up, Cranky Librarian. Not making it to the end of Idol is a blessing in disguise for the contestants. Look at Daughtry. No. 1 album, baby.

And even though Clay didn't win he's sold a lot more records than Ruben.

I rarely watch American Idol, but it has given a means of exposure for talented people that otherwise would never be seen. Keep watching!

Anonymous said...

If you are pining for Bo Bice, please check out bobice.com or www.myspace.com/bobice for updates. Bo is in the middle of an acoustic tour right now with Gary Nichols and let me tell you, it is the hottest thing I've seen in a long time. New videos of their performances are up on YouTube. His next CD comes out in fall and it will be nothing like his first, especially since he has switched labels and producers. Go check him out - you won't be sorry.

Anonymous said...

Bo has just started his acoustic tour last Thursday in New York and they were sold out. Reviews are great especially of his new songs. Check out his myspace www.myspace.com/bobice for his schedule. It's pretty hectic for the month of May. Also lots of videos posted by people who watched. I like American Blood, I'm Gone, Witness (he sang this during his finale homecoming top 3) and See The Light, Wow lots of good stuff that I saw there.
Here's I'm Gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4aZ6WuBFLE

This one was last February. It's called American Blood.

Bo, post The Real Thing is the real thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x4P47jRTrg

Anonymous said...

Link to American Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x4P47jRTrg