Monday, June 18, 2007

It's Getting Hot in Here...

If you comment today, be sure to SHOUT as I have an ear infection and can't hear very well from my right ear. I get one every few years, and sometimes they get so bad it goes into my jaw and my jaw freezes up on me. I'm not quite to that level of misery yet, but seeing as how my doctor's office had no openings today, and will only have one tomorrow if there's a cancellation or if a doctor is willing to squeeze me in between appointments, I might be looking forward to a little lockjaw and earache tonight.

Adding to my fun is the power outage we had today. We lost power for three hours. Ainsley had a dentist appointment for part of it (no cavities!) and we wasted some time buying clearance hand soaps from my favorite store, Bath and Body Works (I love to buy their hand soap when it's on sale and put it in our bathrooms when company comes so they don't see our usual $1 hand soap bottles filled half-full with water to make them last longer because that's something I can never remember to buy at the grocery.) But we still had to hang out for about an hour in our power-less house while the outside temp soared to 94 degrees. My ear started throbbing, and Ainsley started whining because it was well past nap time and her room was too hot for her to go to sleep, and I was waiting to see if the power would kick on in time for her to get a nap at all, and if we'd had to go on another 5 minutes I think I would have pulled a Jack Torrence and started peeping in doorways going, "Heeeeeere's Mommy!"

I had the bright idea of blogging about the power being out while the power was still out, since I had a fully charged battery, but it didn't take long to realize that electricity is an essential component to logging on to the internet. Frick.

But the AC is whirring now, and the dishwasher is swishing, and all is electrically right with the world. Though all that whirring and swishing (and ibuprofen for the ear) is making me tired so I think I may settle down for a nap while my beast, er, kid, takes a very late afternoon nap.

Sweet dreams from the land of restored electricity, y'all!

No comments: