Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Sky is Falling!

The weirdest thing happened during dinner last night.

The sky got kinda gray, and I heard this strange rumbling sound, and this stuff starting falling from the sky. I can't be sure, 'cause it's been so long since I last saw it, but I think it might have been...rain!

By the look of it, more of the wet stuff may be on the way. Hooray! There's hope for our grass after all.

Of course, today's sprinkles aren't going to make a dent in our 13-inch rainfall deficit, but I'll take what we can get. I've never seen my little corner of the world look so apocalyptic. One of the best things about living in Kentucky (when it's not the height of allergy season) is how green it is. When we flew back from our Vegas adventure summer before last, I was actually comforted to be back in a verdant world. These last few months, Kentucky has looked liked that brown Vegas landscape, just without all the neon and mountains to keep in interesting. I want my Kentucky bluegrass to be blue again.

I've lived through a flood, so I know to be careful what I wish for, but...I wish for more rain.
(Distant rumble of thunder)

Ahh...I love it when wishes come true.

No comments: