Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Big Day

Tomorrow's the big day. Ainsley goes off to kindergarten.

I think we're ready. The supplies have been bought (her list called for 16 packs of 8 crayons; how in the world could they need that many crayons?), her clothes are laid out, her teacher's been met. We just have to get her up and out the door and into her classroom in the morning. With no tears (hers or mine.)

She will be riding the bus to my school tomorrow afternoon, which gives me the heebie jeebies. I have been praying that they get her on the right bus. And that we can find each other when she gets off the bus; our students will be leaving just as her bus is coming.

And that she has a lovely first day of school.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Wow. That's all I can say--I can't wait to see her tomorrow! I'll have to swing by as she gets off the bus.

And it is funny that you mention the crayons--my mom and I just got done talking about the insane supplies some teachers ask for.

Hold it together :-)