Thursday, August 16, 2007

Free Wine Makes It All Better

"Would you like to try some wine?"

Yes, please!

I love it when Kroger gives away free samples. I love it more when the Kroger liquor store gives away free samples. In case you're interested, the Silverlake Kroger does a free in-store wine tasting every Thursday evening. Nothing fancy, but it was a nice surprise after a rough day. I had stopped in to get a bottle of wine for when my family comes over tomorrow night to celebrate both Ainsley's and my sister's August birthdays. My mom won't buy wine for herself, but she loooves to have a glass at our house. And let's face it; when the family comes over, you can almost tolerate everyone if you have a glass of wine or six. When I actually got to sample a couple of varieties before I bought...that's a good way to end a random Thursday night.

2 comments:

Shan said...

The one in Union does it, too. I am always afraid to try it, though--I am a picky wine drinker and I just don't think spraying it back at the people who hand it to me is polite :-)

What kind did you get (I will try it in the privacy of my home) :-)

Anonymous said...

NOTE TO SELF: Change grocery night to Thursday.....