Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

We all know that something historical happened today, right? That the peaceful transition of power we saw today is one of the things that makes our country great? That even if you don't agree with the new guy in charge, there's something awe-inspiring about the oath of office (even when it gets a little mangled)?

Good. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Since many of you, my beloved readers, don't agree with me politically, and since I think my political coming out of the closet wasn't well-received by some of you who have gone quiet since October, I am going to mostly shut up about politics.

That is all. Carry on with whatever you were doing on this inauguration day. Sneak a moment in your cubicle or office to watch the festivities, read some like-minded commentary on a blog that leans the way you lean, smile or frown as you see fit.

And to the new guy--best of luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toni, while I didn't vote for Obama and don't agree with his political ideals, I took the time to pull up cnn.com in my office and watch the webcast... I'll be damned if I didn't *cry* during the inauguration AND found myself standing with the crowd during the actual swearing in. We live in an amazing country!