Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Ains: Home Edition

"Um, Mommy, I know everything that happens after you marry somebody."

Well, if that won't make you drop the body wash bottle into your kid's bathwater, I don't know what will.

I shuddered to ask.

"What do you think happens after you marry someone?"

"First you get married, then you buy a house, then you have some babies. Oh, yeah, and then you have to name all the babies. And that's pretty much it. You're done." And then she smacked and rubbed her hands together in that great way that signifies finality and washing your hands of a dirty situation.

See, kids? Marriage is a piece of cake.

And thank God she didn't mention any of the steps leading up to having some babies. Because I absolutely thought that was where she was headed. I am so not ready for that talk yet.

No comments: